This ad is expired.
Assistant Director, Hoya Kids Learning Center Georgetown University
Located in a historic neighborhood in the nation's capital, Georgetown offers rigorous academic programs, a global perspective, exciting ways to take advantage of Washington, D.C., and a commitment to social justice. Our community is a tight knit group of remarkable individuals interested in intellectual inquiry and making a difference in the world.
Assistant Director, Hoya Kids Learning Center - Georgetown University
Hoya Kids Learning Center (HKLC) was established to meet the needs of the children of University faculty, staff, and students, and to help Georgetown University parents to better balance work and family responsibilities. The Learning Center is a key component of the University's commitment to weave family needs into the fabric of the University community and its educational mission.
The Assistant Director, reporting the Director of Hoya Kids Learning Center, acts as the direct supervisor all part-time staff (including students), assists with the daily operations, and serves as a backup supervisor to the rest of the full time staff in the absence of the Director. Duties include but are not limited to:
Hiring and Staffing
- Recruit, hire, train and supervise part-time student and temporary teacher's aides
- Arrange full- and part-time staff schedules to ensure appropriate staff to child ratios, arranging substitute coverage as necessary
- Arrange schedules and coverage to accommodate teacher planning, meetings, and conferences
- Serve as the GMS Timekeeper role for full-time staff and in the GMS manager role for student and on-call employees
Assisting the Director
- Assist the Director in the running of a high-quality early learning center for 58 children from 18 months up to 6 years
- Assist in maintaining compliance with all Office of the State Superintendent of Education (OSSE) regulations
- Maintain communication with the Director to keep them informed about overall program operation
- Assist in designing and maintaining a stimulating indoor and outdoor physical environment
- Assist in preparing for bi-weekly staff meetings and in-service training sessions
Curriculum & Classroom Support
- Monitor teachers' performance in the classrooms and recommend necessary changes
- Evaluate and supervise ongoing curriculum for developmental appropriateness based on the educational philosophy of the Center
- Meet monthly with teaching teams to act as a support system and to monitor the curriculum development within each teaching team
- Assist in ensuring program compliance with state licensing requirements and National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC) accreditation criteria
- Maintain health and safety policies for the programs
- Maintain and monitor open communication between parents, their children, and the Center through parent meetings and newsletters
- Maintain and monitor open communication between full- and part time staff through regular classroom visits, e-mail, and monthly team meetings
Additional Center-Related Support
- Serve as substitute teacher in classrooms as needed
- Serve as backup for Director and Office Manager as needed
- Serve as a resource person for teachers, families and Director
- Contribute to the early childhood profession through service on local committees and professional organizations, and through workshop and conference presentations
- Provide tours for prospective families
- Coordinate the process of putting families onto the waitlist
- Bachelor's degree in ECE or closely related field
- At least 3 years of classroom experience working in high quality early childhood settings
- Thorough knowledge of the development of young children ages birth through eight years
- Skilled in classroom management and teaching of young children
- Ability to interact in a professional way with families, faculty, staff, community visitors, graduate and undergraduate students, and other Georgetown University departments
- Master's degree in ECE or closely related field
- 5+ years of experience working in high quality early childhood settings, preferably a campus- based program.
- Experience in child care administration
- Knowledge of budgeting, enrollment, staffing, licensing and accreditation requirements, facility planning and management, nutrition, and parent communication
- Knowledge of supervisory techniques and interpersonal skills
Current Georgetown Employees:
If you currently work at Georgetown University, please exit this website and login to GMS (gms.georgetown.edu) using your Net ID and password. Then select the Career worklet on your GMS Home dashboard to view Jobs at Georgetown.
Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any position at Georgetown University you must submit a cover letter and resume for each position of interest for which you believe you are qualified. These documents are not kept on file for future positions.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please click here for more information, or contact the Office of Institutional Diversity, Equity, and Affirmative Action (IDEAA) at 202-687-4798 or email@example.com.
Need some assistance with the application process? Please call 202-687-2500. For more information about the suite of benefits, professional development and community involvement opportunities that make up Georgetown's commitment to its employees, please visit the Georgetown Works website.
Georgetown University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer fully dedicated to achieving a diverse faculty and staff. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, and sexual orientation), disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Georgetown University offers a wide variety of comprehensive and competitive benefits. Benefits packages include comprehensive health, dental and vision plans, disability and life insurance coverage, retirement savings programs, tuition assistance, voluntary insurance options (including group legal, accident, and critical illness), and much more. Whatever your need, the Office of Faculty and Staff Benefits will be standing by to support you. You can learn more about the benefits offered to eligible faculty and staff at https://benefits.georgetown.edu or view the online interactive benefits guide for more information.
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/2490056
Copyright 2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency