Child Care Center Teacher, Hoya Kids Learning Center Georgetown University
Located in a historic neighborhood in the nation's capital, Georgetown offers rigorous academic programs, a global perspective, exciting ways to take advantage of Washington, D.C., and a commitment to social justice. Our community is a tight knit group of remarkable individuals interested in intellectual inquiry and making a difference in the world.
Child Care Center Teacher, Hoya Kids Learning Center - Georgetown University
Hoya Kids Learning Center (HKLC) was established to meet the needs of the children of University faculty, staff, and students, and to help Georgetown University parents better balance work and family responsibilities. The Learning Center is a key component of the University's commitment to weave family needs into the fabric of the University community and its educational mission.
The Child Care Center Teacher provides developmentally appropriate care and early education to children of Staff, Faculty, and Students of the University. Reporting to the Director of Hoya Kids, they have duties that include but are not limited to:
- Create and maintain a safe, healthy, nurturing, and stimulating environment for children
- Conduct programs and activities that implement the emergent curriculum of the classroom
- Develop and maintain mutually supportive relationships with individual parents that enable both parents and teachers to meet each child's individual needs
- Monitor and support each child's individual development
- Maintain overall responsibility for classroom functioning
Duties include the following examples of physical activities
- Lifting of children and materials up to 40 pounds
- Sight and sound supervision required within classrooms, playgrounds, and outdoor (campus walks)
- Walking on campus
- Lifting of boxes and moving furniture
- Active participation with children - for example, music and movement activities, sitting on floor, and getting to children's level by stooping, squatting or bending
- Regular exposure to communicable illnesses and bodily fluids
Qualifications for employment
- Associate's degree in ECE or a related field plus 1 year of supervised experience in a licensed child development center or the equivalent in education and experience per OSSE requirements
- Strong relationship and communication skills
- Proficient knowledge and use of technology (email, calendar, internet, PowerPoint, Google docs)
- Experience working in a high quality early childhood program
- Pediatric First Aid and CPR certification are preferred - and are required within 30 days of employment
Preferred qualifications for employment
- Bachelor's degree in ECE
- Knowledge and application of Emergent Curriculum
- Experience documenting children's growth and development
- Ability to work well both in a team and independently, to communicate effectively and respectfully to children, families and colleagues; to build positive relationships with all members of the GU community; to demonstrate initiative to solve problems creatively, and to show flexibility and open mindedness
Continuing qualifications during employment
- Background checks and drug/alcohol testing
- Annual training requirements
Please note: The District of Columbia's Office of the State Superintendent of Education requires COVID-19 vaccination for employment in this position, reference Mayor's Order 2021-109 - COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement for Adults Regularly in Schools or Child Care Facilities and for Student-Athletes.
Current Georgetown Employees:
If you currently work at Georgetown University, please exit this website and login to GMS (gms.georgetown.edu) using your Net ID and password. Then select the Career worklet on your GMS Home dashboard to view Jobs at Georgetown.
Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any position at Georgetown University you must submit a cover letter and resume for each position of interest for which you believe you are qualified. These documents are not kept on file for future positions.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please click here for more information, or contact the Office of Institutional Diversity, Equity, and Affirmative Action (IDEAA) at 202-687-4798 or email@example.com opens new window" target="_blank" href="https://apptrkr.com/get_redirect.php?id=2490051&targetURL=mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org">email@example.com.
Need some assistance with the application process? Please call 202-687-2500. For more information about the suite of benefits, professional development and community involvement opportunities that make up Georgetown's commitment to its employees, please visit the Georgetown Works website.
Georgetown University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer fully dedicated to achieving a diverse faculty and staff. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, and sexual orientation), disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Georgetown University offers a wide variety of comprehensive and competitive benefits. Benefits packages include comprehensive health, dental and vision plans, disability and life insurance coverage, retirement savings programs, tuition assistance, voluntary insurance options (including group legal, accident, and critical illness), and much more. Whatever your need, the Office of Faculty and Staff Benefits will be standing by to support you. You can learn more about the benefits offered to eligible faculty and staff at https://benefits.georgetown.edu opens new window" target="_blank" href="https://apptrkr.com/get_redirect.php?id=2490051&targetURL=https://benefits.georgetown.edu/">https://benefits.georgetown.edu or view the online interactive benefits guide for more information.
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/2490051
Copyright 2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency