This ad is expired.
Child Care Worker II - Early Childhood Education
The College of Southern Nevada appreciates your interest in employment at our growing institution. We want your application process to go smoothly and quickly. We ask that you keep in mind the following when completing your application:
- Once you start the application process you cannot save your work. Please ensure you have all required attachment(s) available to complete your application before you begin the process.
- Required attachments are listed below on the posting. Your application will not be considered without the required attachments.
- Please note that applications must be submitted prior to the close of the recruitment. Once a recruitment has closed, applications will no longer be accepted.
If you are unable to attach the required documents to your online application or need assistance regarding the application process, please contact the Talent Acquisition team within Human Resources via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (702) 651-5800 to be directed to the appropriate Recruiter.
Based on the volume of applications received this recruitment may close at any time. Applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible.
Under direct supervision, responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Maintain the health and safety of the children
- Assume responsibility for the supervision of assigned group of children, maintaining accurate count and ratios at all times.
- Assist in maintaining a hazard free environment indoors and outdoors. Report maintenance and equipment needs and safety hazards immediately.
- Adhere to the school's injury and illness procedures including; observation of children for illness, disease or unusual behavior, administering first aid or emergency measures, reporting injury or illness in a timely manner, and completing corresponding paperwork.
- Respond quickly and appropriately to emergency situations; i.e. evacuation, shelter in place, lockdown, etc, per Emergency Procedures guidelines of the ECE lab School.
Assist in the implementation of a developmentally appropriate children's program that addresses all areas of development; content areas; environment and children's relationships
- Show respect, consideration, warmth and affection to each child
- Plan and implement and/or assist with appropriate children's experiences under general supervision using the guidelines set forth in the ECE Lab School Operations Manual
- Assume the lead role of the classroom in the absence of the Master Teacher
- Assist in documentation of children's development and learning
- Maintain daily schedules as posted in the classroom
- Consistently apply positive guidance and group management techniques to prevent challenging behaviors, manage group dynamics, and to support individual children with behavior challenges
- Assist with the setup, maintenance and cleanup of classroom and surrounding areas on a daily and seasonal basis.
- Show ability to engage in multiple tasks and respond flexibly to changing situations.
- Provide positive role modeling for student workers, practicum students, observation students, and other volunteers or visitors.
Exhibit positive interactions with children, colleagues, families, CSN students, CSN faculty, volunteers, and representatives of outside agencies.
- Maintain friendly and respectful communication and relationships with all employees, families, CSN students, and CSN faculty member. Avoid gossip at all times.
- Communicate frequently with immediate supervisor and appropriate staff members to facilitate ease of program operation and resolve workplace conflicts.
- Refer family concerns and questions to appropriate staff member, i.e. lead teacher, director, child care supervisor.
- Resolve workplace conflicts in a constructive manner using procedures outlines in the ECE Lab Program Operations Manual.
- Maintain confidentiality regarding employees, children & families at all times.
Exhibit professional conduct and skilled contribution to the program in all areas.
- Demonstrate a high degree of proficiency in performance of job assignments.
- Maintain professional attitude and loyalty to the program at all times.
- Attend and participate in scheduled monthly staff meetings, trainings and special events.
- Assume responsibility for continued professional development and personal growth per licensing requirements, accreditation criteria and personal interest.
- Assumes responsibility for adherence to the ECE Lab Program Policies and Procedures.
- Maintain confidentiality regarding employees, children, families, CSN students, and CSN faculty at all times.
- Graduation from high school or equivalent and two years of experience working with small children in a preschool setting; OR one year of experience as a Child Care Worker I in Nevada State Service and proof of negative TB test.
- Experience working with a diverse/multicultural student body and/or workforce.
- College coursework in Early Childhood Education or related discipline.
- Experience working in an NAEYC accredited program.
- CDA or Associates degree in ECE or related field
Grade 23, Step 1 - $15.04 Hourly
Per Nevada Administrative Code (NAC 284.170), salaries for initial appointments for classified positions typically begin at Step 1. The College of Southern Nevada offers a competitive benefits package, including an excellent PERS retirement plan (a defined benefit plan), generous vacation & sick benefits, 11 paid holidays, educational benefits, and a choice between three health insurance plans that can be supplemented with flexible spending accounts or health savings accounts.
40 scheduled weekly hours Monday thru Friday. Hours may vary from 7:30 am to 4:30 pm, 8:00 am to 5:00 pm, or 8:30 am to 5:30 pm depending on classroom needs.
Note to Applicant
- Applicants must fully document their education and experience to demonstrate meeting the minimum qualifications of the position.
- All attachment(s) must be received on or before the closing date posted on the job announcements.
- This position may require a criminal background check be conducted on the candidate selected for hire.
- Schedules are subject to change based on organizational needs. HR may attempt to verify academic credentials.
To be considered for this position, please upload the following documents to your application:
- Resume - List a detailed description of the major duties that you performed as part of each job. You must demonstrate that you qualify for the position and your education and experience must be clearly documented.
- Cover letter
- Unofficial College Transcripts (optional) - If you have not graduated, please attach your transcripts to receive education credit for classes you have taken. Credit is given for classes relevant to the job posting.
Out of Area/State Candidates will not be offered travel reimbursement.
NSHE - INTERNAL APPLICANTS PLEASE NOTE
CSN employees or employees within the Nevada System of Higher Education (NSHE) MUST use the "Find Jobs" process within Workday to find and apply for jobs at CSN and other NSHE Institutions. Once you log into Workday, type "Find Jobs" in the search box which will navigate to the internal job posting site. Locate this specific job posting by typing the requisition number in the search box. If you complete an application outside of the internal application process and apply as an external candidate, your application will no longer be considered at the time of minimum qualification review. In order to prevent the disqualification of your application, you will need to reapply as an internal candidate before 11:59pm the day prior to the position close date.
Posting Close Date
Note to Applicant
Applicants should fully describe their qualifications and experience with specific reference to each of the minimum and preferred qualifications. The search committee will use this information during the initial review of application materials.
All document(s) must be received by 11:59 p.m. the day prior to the closing date posted on the job announcement.
This position may require that a criminal background check be conducted on the candidate(s) selected for hire.
As part of the hiring process, applicants for positions in the Nevada System of Higher Education may be required to demonstrate the ability to perform job-related tasks.
Schedules are subject to change based on organizational needs.
CSN is responsive to serving the educational needs of a diverse and ever-changing community. CSN employs only U.S. citizens and aliens authorized to work in the U.S. CSN does not sponsor aliens applying for faculty, professional staff, or management positions (H-1B Visas) in the absence of exceptional circumstances as defined by the USCIS.
To apply, visit https://nshe.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/CSN-External/job/CSN---North-Las-Vegas-Campus/Child-Care-Worker-II---Early-Childhood-Education_R0126769
The College of Southern Nevada (CSN) creates opportunities and changes lives through access to quality teaching, services, and experiences that enrich our diverse community. CSN has three main campuses in Las Vegas, North Las Vegas and Henderson and multiple sites and centers.
The Nevada System of Higher Education (NSHE) is committed to providing a place of work and learning free of discrimination on the basis of a persons age, disability, whether actual or perceived by others (including service-connected disabilities), gender (including pregnancy related conditions), military status or military obligations, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, national origin, race, or religion.
Copyright 2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency