This ad is expired.
Classroom Assistant- Toddler/Preschool (Part Time)
Posting Number: 02330
Department: Early Learning Center
Job Summary/Basic Function:
This posting will be used to fill anticipated openings for part time and substitute teachers for Summer and Fall quarters.
- Assisting the Lead Teacher in implementing a culturally relevant, developmentally appropriate curriculum and environment that meets state licensing and NAEYC accreditation criteria.
- Engaging with and supervising children indoors and outdoors, assisting at meals and nap times, preparing and presenting projects to children and effectively supporting their participation and development throughout the day, as well as maintaining a healthy and safe environment throughout the Early Learning Center.
- Contributing to positive relationships with children and families through daily classroom activities, communication and documentation, family nights and open houses.
- Acting as part of a reflective responsible learning community to build an early learning program and practices that contribute to the success of individual students, the goals of the Early Learning Center and the strategic initiatives of Everett Community College.
- Valid CPR/First Aid Card, Blood borne Pathogens training, Food Handler's Permit, and 30 hours initial STARS training; or willingness to acquire at your own expense upon acceptance of the position.
-Ability to stay in compliance with all licensing and -NAEYC accreditation requirements.
- Ability to exercise sensitivity in dealing with individuals of diverse socio-economic backgrounds, cognitive and physical abilities as well as with individuals of diverse cultural ethnic backgrounds.
- Ability to pass DEL MERIT Background Check and provide a record of negative tuberculin skin test results.
- Ability to comply with all current required COVID safety protocols
- Two years of experience working in an early childhood program, a CDA, or a minimum of 12 college credits in child development/early childhood education/education/special education.
- Competence using computers and digital photography.
- Commitment to reflective practice and further professional development.
Everett Community College follows the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and provides the following information as a guideline for applicants:
- Ability to sit or stand for extended periods of time
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to assist children with dressing, meals, crafts, and other activities
- Ability to see to monitor child safety during indoor and outdoor activities
- Ability to hear and speak to exchange information and ensure child safety
- Must be able to lift and move up to 50 pounds.
- Position requires spending most of the day standing or moving to supervise children, not sitting.
- Must be able to crouch, kneel, bend, reach and sit at low tables.
- Ability to work with children both indoors and outdoors in various weather conditions and uneven surfaces
- Ability to wear facial covering and follow all current required COVID safety protocols
Work Hours: All shifts at the Early Learning Center are subject to change, based on the attendance and schedules of enrolled children. The ELC is normally open from 7:15 AM to 5:15 PM, and has 1-3 evening events per month.
Currently operating on a reduced schedule for summer quarter.
This part time position will work up to 69 hours per month.
- Paid sick leave
- Free employee wellness classes & activities
- Free or low cost continuing education classes
Posting Date: 06/09/2021
Open Until Filled: Yes
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Everett Community College's vision, strategic plan and core themes value, respect and uphold diversity, equity, cultural competence and inclusion. Hiring and retaining a diverse workforce is a commitment for our institution.
Everett Community College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religious belief, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national or ethnic origin, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or age.
If your hours total more than 350 hours in any 12 month period, your position will be represented by the Washington Federation of State Employees Union.
Notice to Applicants
In compliance with federal and state regulations, EvCC is committed to a safe and drug-free campus. Employees are required to comply with EvCC's policy prohibiting illegal drug use or activity, including notification of criminal drug convictions and the use of prescription drugs or over-the-counter medications that are likely to affect job safety.
The complete policy is available at the EvCC Policies page. If you would like a printed copy of the policy, or if you have any questions, please contact the Human Resources Department at 425-388-9229.
Safety and Security
EvCC strives to be a safe, secure and prepared campus for our students, staff and community. Detailed information regarding campus security, crime statistics for the most recent three year period, and other information is available on the Campus Safety, Security and Emergency Management page.
This information is required by law and is provided by the EvCC Security Department. If you would like a printed copy of this information, you may contact the Security Department at (425) 388-9990.
Salary: $14.42 per hour, up to 69 hours per month
To apply, visit https://employment.everettcc.edu/postings/5094
Copyright 2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency