- Early Childhood Teacher
- Go to our website »
People Serving People is the largest and most comprehensive emergency shelter for families experiencing homelessness in Minnesota and a dedicated leader in homeless prevention. If you want to help transform communities and see families thrive, then People Serving People is the place for you.
What do we need?
We are looking for an Early Childhood Teacher to provide a warm, loving atmosphere and classroom to support the academic and social development of children ages 6 weeks to 4 years months. The Early Childhood Teacher will work closely with the lead teacher and will demonstrate patience, enthusiasm, and a respect for children as well as parents and fellow staff.
- Participates in planning and facilitation of curriculum for young children in a developmentally appropriate setting based heavily in social-emotional development.
- Assists with encouraging children's social, academic, developmental, and personal skills.
- Welcomes, talks with and/or meets with parents as needed.
- Observes and reports on physical, emotional, intellectual and social development of children.
- Maintains clean classroom appearance by organizing, cleaning, and sanitizing daily.
- Assists in other Early Childhood Development Program classrooms as necessary for ratio, including classrooms at the Center of Excellence.
- Completes 24 hours of yearly in-service training
Pay and Benefits
- $20.80 per hour
- Schedule: Monday through Friday, day shift
- Medical and vision insurance
- Company paid dental, life, and disability insurance
- Start with 27 days of PTO per year
- Reduced cost parking or metro pass
- Reduced childcare rates and parental leave
- Free lunch every day
- The chance to make a real difference in the community
- Must have 2 years of early childhood experience with 24 quarter credits related to Child Development OR a 4-year degree in Early Childhood or related field OR Childhood Development related credential.
- Prior experience working in early childhood strongly preferred.
- Prior experience serving a multi-cultural and socially diverse population preferred.
- First Aid and CPR certified or willing to be certified within first 90 days of work.
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency