Founded in 1972, The Mount Vernon School is a leading private school of inquiry, innovation, and impact. Grounded in Christian values, we prepare all students to be college ready, globally competitive, and engaged citizen leaders.
The After School Teacher is responsible for assisting with the instruction, management and supervision of students grades K-5.
- Establish and maintain a safe and nurturing learning environment
- Develop interactive activities to engage students throughout the afternoon (3:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m.)
- Supporting students with supervision and homework assistance.
- Accepts responsibility for maintenance and necessary housekeeping duties of the classrooms, common use areas and playgrounds
- Attends all required staff meetings, workshops and/or school functions
- Degree in Early Childhood Education, Child Development, or a related field is preferred
- A minimum of 2+ years' experience in an accredited school environment preferred
- Excellent written/oral communication skills
- Ability to multi-task
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to use sound judgement
- Experience with NAEYC standards and criteria preferred
The faculty and staff of The Mount Vernon School believes the fair and equitable treatment of employees is critical to fulfilling its mission and purpose. It is the policy of The Mount Vernon School is to conduct business and provide equal employment opportunity to all persons without regard to race, color, age, gender, religion, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency