Thank you for your interest in Truckee Meadows Community College. If you need assistance or have questions regarding the application process, please contact Human Resources at (775) 673-7168 or email@example.com.
Truckee Meadows Community College (TMCC), located in Reno, Nevada, is seeking applicants for an Infant Toddler (I/T) Master Teacher in the E.L. Cord Foundation Child Care Center.
The I/T Master Teacher works directly in the Infant and Toddler classrooms with teachers and children to develop and implement age appropriate curriculum based on best practice. The I/T Master Teacher, at all times, provides a safe, fun, and educational environment for all children, families and employees. The I/T Master Teacher provides guidance to college students participating in field and practicum experiences.
1. Bachelor's degree in Early Childhood Education or other related degree (i.e. Human Development and Family Studies, Child Development) from an accredited institution.
2. Two years teaching experience in a center based early childhood program working directly with children ages birth to 3 years.
3. Two years experience in a supervisory and training role in a center base
early childhood program.
1. Master's degree in Early Childhood Education or other related degree (i.e. Human Development and Family Studies, child Development) from an accredited institution.
2. Three years teaching experience in a center based early childhood program working with children ages birth to 3 years.
3. Three years experience in a supervisory and training role in a center based early childhood program.
4. Experience with observation, assessment and developmental screening of children and parent communication and conferencing.
5. One year teaching experience in an ECE laboratory setting.
6. Experience with an early childhood program accreditation / quality improvement processes.
Candidates must exhibit an appreciation of, a sensitivity to, and respect for a diverse academic environment, inclusive of students, faculty, and staff of varying social, economic, cultural, ideological and ethnic backgrounds.
1. This position works directly with infants and toddlers in the classrooms to include curriculum planning and implementation and creating appropriate environments in the I/T classrooms.
2. Works directly with children to observe, assess and complete developmental screenings.
3. Works directly with full and part time staff, student employees, and college students (ECE Practicum) to supervise, guide, train and evaluate.
4. Communicates daily with parents and engages in parent conferences at designated times and as needed.
5. Collaborate with Center staff to assure National Accreditation Commission (NAC) Standards and Indicators are consistently met.
6. Adhere to State of Nevada Child Care Licensing, Washoe County Health Department and Fire Department regulations.
7. Perform other duties as assigned duties in a manner consistent with standards, mission, and goals of Truckee Meadows Community College.
8. Understand and accept the role to be played as a partner in an educational enterprise serving the best interests of the students.
9. Perform assigned duties in a manner consistent with standards, mission, and goals of Truckee Meadows Community College.
10. Other duties as assigned.
In the Resume/Cover Letter section of the application each of the following must be attached.
- Current Resume
- Cover Letter
As a part of the application process all applicants may be asked via email to provide additional supplemental materials or information as a part of the committee screening process.
Starting salary, $48,298. Dependent on education and experience. Salaries are subject to any related directives from the Board of Regents and Nevada Legislature.
Posting Close Date
Note to Applicant
Applicants should fully describe their qualifications and experience with specific reference to each of the minimum and preferred qualifications. Search committees will use this information to determine that applicants meet minimum qualifications as listed in the job announcement.
This posting will close at 12:00 am on the date listed above. The posting will no longer be available to apply to after 11:59 pm the day prior.
All documents, including unofficial transcripts for academic positions, must be received prior to the closing date listed on the job announcement.
Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a criminal background check upon hire.
As part of the hiring process, applicants for positions in the Nevada System of Higher Education may be required to demonstrate the ability to perform job-related tasks.
Schedules are subject to change based on organizational needs.
To apply, visit https://nshe.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/TMCC-External/job/TMCC---Truckee-Meadows-Community-College---Dandini-Campus/Master-Teacher_R0123462-1
Truckee Meadows Community College is a comprehensive educational institution located in Reno, Nevada and is part of the Nevada System of Higher Education. TMCCs five instructional sites and numerous community locations serves an increasingly diverse population of more than 11,000 students each semester. TMCC, an HSI (Hispanic Serving Institution), is a progressive institution that celebrates inclusion and diversity while supporting core themes of academic excellence, student success, and access to lifelong learning.
A vital leader in the New Nevadas growing economy, TMCC is located near the beautiful Sierra Nevada Mountains in an environment rich with a thriving arts, culture, food scene, abundant outdoor activities, and a family-friendly local community. It is only a 3.5 hour drive to San Francisco, CA, a 40-minute drive to Lake Tahoe, and within easy driving distance of four national parks (Great Basin, Yosemite, Lassen, and Death Valley). For more information, please go to www.tmcc.edu or view our virtual tour at tour.tmcc.edu.
The Nevada System of Higher Education (NSHE) is committed to providing a place of work and learning free of discrimination on the basis of a persons age, disability, whether actual or perceived by others (including service-connected disabilities), gender (including pregnancy related conditions), military status or military obligations, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, national origin, race, or religion.
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency