Founded in 1972, The Mount Vernon School is a leading private school of inquiry, innovation, and impact. Grounded in Christian values, we prepare all students to be college ready, globally competitive, and engaged citizen leaders.
The Mount Vernon School is seeking a full-time teacher to join our two-year old classroom team. With low child to teacher ratios, our school adheres to the highest standards and is NAEYC Accredited. We believe that children learn best in a play-based environment, where teachers shape the activities and environment to best serve each child's individual needs. We also believe in teacher learning and growth and provide robust opportunities for training and conferences during the school year.
Role & Responsibilities
- Embodying the School's mission and advancing the School's vision
- Planning and facilitating learning experiences
- Co-designing curriculum and assessment with the Head of Grade, Learning Coaches, Connections teachers, Experts in Residents, and External Experts
- Curating comprehensive records of performance, progress, and goals through standards-based grading, ePortfolios, and conferencing
- Communicating and collaborating with families, learning coaches, and outside providers
- Maintaining and organizing an innovative and collaborative learning environment
- Initiating professional growth opportunities
- Participating in an all-school Research & Design Team
- Adhering to responsibilities such as carpool duty, lunch and recess supervisions, field trip chaperoning, and faculty meetings
- Contributing to School life beyond the classroom including Family Nights, arts and athletic events, and graduation
- Minimum requirements include a Bachelor's degree in early Childhood Education, Elementary Education or related field
- Teaching Certificate
- Classroom experience and proficiency with technological tools and platforms
- Experience with NAEYC standards and criteria is preferred.
The faculty and staff of The Mount Vernon School believes the fair and equitable treatment of employees is critical to fulfilling its mission and purpose. It is the policy of The Mount Vernon School is to conduct business and provide equal employment opportunity to all persons without regard to race, color, age, gender, religion, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency